Storagetech’s High-Velocity Pressure Vacuum Valve product is equipped with manual icebreaker arm devices both on the vacuum side and on the pressure side. This manual ice crusher system is designed for more efficient operation of the system for the regions where the weather is moving in the direction opposite to normal conditions. That it’s creating a magnetic field and using this magnetic force, makes the magnet a very important detail in our system.
In this design, we have decided to use the ring magnet to provide both continuities and prevent magnetic failure. We have designed and manufactured most of our product exterior and interior parts from AISI 316 material as this it reduces the effect of corrosion caused by the high humidity in the sea environment and the sea/ocean water itself, thus providing our utilities a long servicelife in overseas travels.
• Storagetech PVV Model 170 High-Velocity Pressure Vacuum Valve prevents evaporation losses.
• The pressure/vacuum relief valve is the automatic gas-freeing high-speed valve of non-hammering non-oscillating type which ensures gas emission velocity with the vacuum valve equipped with a flame screen.
• The high-speed valve provides automatic pressure control during cargo loading and during passage for changes caused by thermal variations.
• The vacuum valve provides automatic vacuum control during cargo discharge and during passage for changes caused by thermal variations.
• Protects environment. High-Velocity PVV prevents greenhouse gases from mixing in the atmosphere and minimizes the product odors around the surrounding area.
• High-Velocity PVV provides safety for your storage facility. High-Velocity PVV protects your storage tank from explosions that are caused by sudden pressure and vacuum change.
• Designed to prevent the passage of flames into tanks carrying oil & chemical.
• High-Velocity Pressure/Vacuum Valve provides active protection against fire and explosion on deck.
• 2_NEW IMO Regulation for Product & Chemical carriers, MSC.1/Circ,1324
1-The Maritime Safety Committee approved the following amendments to MSC/Circ.677:
A-Paragraph 1.2.3 is replaced with the following
*1.2.3 These Standards are intended for devices protecting cargo tanks containing crude oil, petroleum products, and flammable chemicals. In the case of the carriage of chemicals, the test media referred to in section 3 can be used for products having an MESG of 0.9 mm and greater. However, devices for chemical tankers certified for the carriage of products with an MESG* less than 0.9 mm should be tested with the following media based on the apparatus group assigned as per column “i” of the IBC Code, chapter 17:
1. Apparatus Group II B – ethylene (MESG = 0.65 mm); and
2.Apparatus Group II C – hydrogen (MESG = 0.28 mm).
Where no apparatus group is assigned in the column “i”, the device should be tested in accordance with the requirements for Apparatus Group II B.